Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: My wife blew up my 291 tweeters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member AltecLansingFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    113
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    My wife blew up my 291 tweeters

    When I came home, my wife was a little tranquil, and this is something unusable.
    But in the evening, I always listen music between 8 and 10 in the evening, my system failed, it was not working properly, and I was shocked.

    But very soon, my wife came with an explanation, she tried my system a little much toooo much, during she was vacuum cleaning the house.
    I knew she like loud music, but this was, I think a little too much.


    I think tomorrow, I need to mail, or phone GPA......

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bvn's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2010
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My wife blew up my 291 tweeters

    Huh?
    ---
    The RMS SPL of a 291-16A on a 311-90 horn is 131 dB. The threshold of pain is around 120 dB, and permanent damage at 100 dB. Is her hearing OK?

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member just me now's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    230
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My wife blew up my 291 tweeters

    at least she enjoys it also!

    hope she is OK...
    .........................
    dave's not hear

  4. #4
    Hostboard Member lowpoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2009
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My wife blew up my 291 tweeters

    she needs to go.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member AltecLansingFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    113
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My wife blew up my 291 tweeters

    Quote Originally Posted by bvn View Post
    Huh?
    ---
    The RMS SPL of a 291-16A on a 311-90 horn is 131 dB. The threshold of pain is around 120 dB, and permanent damage at 100 dB. Is her hearing OK?

    I don't know what she did, maybe she was up or down stairs, with her vacuum cleaner, but her hearing is Ok?, as far as I know.
    I didn't talk too much with her yesterday.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member sba2's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2009
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My wife blew up my 291 tweeters

    Quote Originally Posted by AltecLansingFan View Post
    I don't know what she did, maybe she was up or down stairs, with her vacuum cleaner...
    Maybe she ran the vacuum over the Monster Cable. If so, just replace with lamp cord...and you'll be set to go.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member
    My wife blew up my 291 tweeters


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: My wife blew up my 291 tweeters

    I read somewhere shielded power cables can cause blown diaphragms,
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: My wife blew up my 291 tweeters

    You guys are just plain mean!

    Sorry to hear of your troubles, ALF. Your wife must have been really rockin' out! Or the vacuum is super loud.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Nipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2009
    Posts
    280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My wife blew up my 291 tweeters

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    I read somewhere shielded power cables can cause blown diaphragms,
    :snickerpup:

  10. #10
    HB Super Moderator
    My wife blew up my 291 tweeters


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: My wife blew up my 291 tweeters

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    I read somewhere shielded power cables can cause blown diaphragms,

    Took the words right off my finger tips :coffeedrinker: :lol:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.